Saturday, May 09, 2015

Enrique Iglesias tops celebrity birthdays for May 8

Pop singer and songwriter Enrique Iglesias is celebrating another birthday today.

The son of Latin lover Julio Iglesias turns 40.

Happy birthday, Enrique!

Interesting facts about Enrique:

He was born Enrique Miguel Iglesias Preysler in Madrid, Spain, to lady’s man Julio and Filipino actress Isabel Preysler.

He moved to the United States when he was eight and started writing songs when he was 15.

Enrique studied business administration at the University of Miami. He left after a year to persue his music career.

He released his first album in 1995.

He has a very big family. He has two older full siblings: Julio Jr. and Chabeli. On his father’s side, he has five younger half siblings: Miguel, Rodrigo, twins Victoria & Christina and Guillermo. On his mother’s side, he has two younger half sisters: Tamara Falcó and Ana Boyer.

Other stars celebrating birthdays today:

Gary Glitter (71), Melissa Gilbert (51), comedian Don Rickles (89), and singer Darren Hayes (remember Savage Garden?) turns 43.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Enrique Iglesias is too busy to marry Anna Kournikova, says his mom

The pop star's mother Isabel Preysler blames son's packed schedule for delay in tying the knot with the former Russian tennis star

Former Russian tennis star Anna Kournikova and pop-star Enrique Iglesias were to tie the knot on Valentine's Day.
But the Spanish singer's mother Isabel Preysler has dispelled the rumours, revealed that Enrique's packed work schedule is delaying the wedding plans of the couple, who began dating in 2001.

Though the glamorous couple's relationship has been quite lengthy as compared to the relationships of other American pop stars, they are yet to be married and do not have any kids.
There has been constant reports about the couple's marital status with some newspapers even claiming they have got married and subsequently divorced.
Speaking about her son, Preysler said, "It pains me that he works so much and he misses things in life that he should be enjoying at his age, but he is very happy."

Supportive Anna
"Enrique is not very much about partying. Plus, Anna supports him in everything, and they get along very well. At the same time, if they were married, his absence would be very difficult for her," the 64-year-old was quoted as saying by the Spanish Vogue.
"I have been less careful with other things, for example, I've had too much sun ... With Julio we literally lived under the sun," she said.
The 39-year-old Enrique had earlier stated that his long-standing relationship with his 33-year-old girlfriend did not need the seal of marriage to be successful.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Enrique Iglesias, Rafael Nadal to open string of Spanish restaurants

LONDON: Singing sensation Enrique Iglesias and tennis star Rafael Nadal are set to take the world by storm with their string of Spanish restaurants called Tatel - which are already in the pipeline and will be going international soon.

The multi-award-winning singer and the 28-year-old tennis champion, who is currently ranked No. 3 in the world, will be opening their first restaurant in Madrid in March, reported Hello magazine.

The two have teamed up with basketball star Pau Gasol and businessman Abel Matutes Prats for the business venture.

"The food of our country is very famous. There are many Spanish restaurants but none have tried to become the reference at a national or even international level ," a spokesperson for the investors said.

The flagship Tatal in the Spanish capital will be 800-square meters, decked out in 1920's inspired decor and divided into three zones -- the restaurateurs hope to "surprise customers with performances."

Tatel Ibiza is set to open in 2016, with future plans to expand to Barcelona, London, and Las Vegas already in the works.

Enrique, 39, son of iconic Spanish singer Julio Iglesias, was born in Madrid and at the age of 15 moved to the US, where he grew up.

Rafa, meanwhile, was born on Spanish island Majorca, where he bought a luxurious villa in 2013.

Enrique Iglesias, Descemer Bueno and Gente D' Zona Sued Over 'Bailando'

The Song Is the Longest Running No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Latin Songs chart

"Bailando," the smash hit recorded by Enrique Iglesias and featuring Descemer Bueno and Cuban duo Gente D' Zona, is the subject of a lawsuit alleging copyright infringement.

Cristian Mauricio Escuti and German Schulz, who both live in South Florida, allege in a suit filed Jan. 26 in U.S. District  Court in Miami that "Bailando" rips off their original song, "Quiero Bailar Contigo."

Escuti and Schulz say they recorded their track on or about May, 2009. Escuti and Schulz didn't register copyright of the song until five years later, in April 2014, when "Bailando" was released, and well on its way to becoming a major hit.

The suit states that the pair submitted a recording of their song to Sony/ATV in 2012, but never heard back. Now, they're alleging infringement of copyright and are seeking damages and profits gained from "Bailando."

William Trueba of Miami law firm Espinosa|Trueba, is representing the plaintiffs, and said their song "Quiero Bailar Contigo" would be released to the public "soon."

Billboard has not heard the song, but, says Trueba, "The chorus line in our clients' song is very similar to the chorus in 'Bailando.' The music and lyrics are similar."

Iglesias and Bueno have spoken extensively on how "Bailando" was conceived and recorded. During the 2014 Billboard Latin Music Conference in Miami last April, Iglesias said he originally wrote the track a year earlier with Bueno, his longtime collaborator, then shelved it. More than six months later, he heard a version Bueno had recorded in Cuba with Gente De Zona.

"I went to YouTube to find this song and I said, 'Holy shit, I wrote it!'" said Iglesias at the Billboard Latin Music conference.  "So I listened to the song with Gente De Zona, and I start going nuts with them."

"Enrique and I worked on the song and kind of left it there," said Bueno during the same conference.  "Then I met up with Gente De Zona in Havana, and they added the 'I wanna be contigo' bridge and the 'Oh, oh, oh.' That's the new version Enrique heard. And really, it added and important and energetic element to the song."

"Bailando" has now spent 39 weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Latin Songs chart, becoming the longest-running song, by far, to hold that position in the history of the chart.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Anna and myself are just fine with sex and love: Enrique Iglesias

Pop star Enrique Iglesias says his long-standing relationship with girlfriend and former Russian tennis star Anna Kournikova does not need the seal of marriage to be successful

Pop star Enrique Iglesias (39) has clarified that his relationship with retired tennis star Anna Kournikova (33) does not require the seal of marriage.
Retired Russian tennis ace Anna Kournikova.
Kournikova and Iglesias began dating in 2001, during the time she featured in the singer’s chartbusting track Escape. Though the glamorous couple’s relationship has been quite lengthy as compared to the relationships of other American pop stars, they are yet to be married and do not have any kids.

However, there have been constant reports and speculation about the couple’s marital status with some newspapers claiming they are married and subsequently divorced.

Iglesias recently clarified though that their love did not need the season of marriage to blossom. In an interview with international magazine Life & Style, on the sidelines of his tour with fellow pop stars Pitbull and J Balvin, Iglesias said that his love for the Russian tennis beauty is as strong as it was when they met 13 years ago.

“She’s my girl and the best partner in all my adventures. Trust is the key in any relationship,” said the singer.

As for marriage, the Spaniard said: “This is a new era. A piece of paper doesn’t guarantee your happiness. Anna and myself are just fine with the sex and love.”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Orkut RSS Feed Email More