Sunday, March 04, 2012

Enrique Iglesias interview : Parade Magazine (March 3, 2012) : Enrique Iglesias on Love, Fame & how Fans can make an Impression

ENRIQUE IGLESIAS ON LOVE, FAME AND HOW FANS CAN MAKE AN IMPRESSION !
"I shouldn’t say this, but I bought my plane before I had a [pilot’s] license,” Enrique Iglesias says conspiratorially. “I was like that kid the Barefoot Bandit. He didn’t know how to fly, but because he loved planes, he did it anyway.” 
The singer’s bravado has served him well. After helping to launch the Latin music boom with sultry ballads, Iglesias, 36, is now one of dance music’s chief provocateurs, with hits like “Tonight (I’m Lovin’ You).” The high-flying star, whose latest album is Euphoria, tells Mary Margaret what keeps him grounded.

PARADE : You spent much of last year touring the world. Did you take any keepsakes with you?
ENRIQUE : I have a picture of my two dogs, Lucas and Grammy. Grammy passed away in 2010. That dog was like a human—he would get sad when I packed my bags. It was like losing one of my best friends.

PARADE : A lot of your songs are about love. Why?
ENRIQUE : It’s the thing we all have in common. Ninety percent of music tackles that subject because everyone—no matter how old, what religion, or what nationality—knows those feelings.

PARADE : Speaking of love, you introduced longtime girlfriend Anna Kournikova as your wife at a concert in Russia last year. What was that about?
ENRIQUE : It was just meant to be sweet in the moment. I honestly didn’t mean to confuse people. I thought it’d be easier for the audience to understand than if I said “my girl.”

PARADE : So no wedding bells soon?
ENRIQUE : I’ve never really thought marriage would make a difference. Maybe it’s because I come from divorced parents, but I don’t think you love someone more because of a piece of paper. And nowadays, it’s not taboo to have kids and not be married. What makes a difference is that you’re a good parent, period.

PARADE : What did you learn about fame from observing your father Julio’s career?
ENRIQUE : I remember there were these two guys who worked with him who would never even watch his show, but afterward they were at his dressing room saying, “Man, that’s the best show I’ve ever seen you do.” In showbiz, it’s easy to be surrounded by people who tell you everything is great, and as a little kid, I developed a sixth sense about those people. It gave me a tremendous psychological advantage.

PARADE : You grew up in Miami and still live there. What do you love about it?
ENRIQUE : People always think of the partying and the clubs on South Beach, but it has a tranquil side, too. It’s a city where you can truly enjoy the water, get on your boat and just go fishing. And the water’s not cold!

PARADE : How do you spend Sundays when you’re home?
ENRIQUE : I sit on the couch and watch TV. 60 Minutes is my favorite show. It’s kinda weird because I go from that to American Idol to Real Time With Bill Maher.

PARADE : You like to go to the movies on Mondays and Tuesdays. Why is that?
ENRIQUE : It’s the best time: There are no lines, and you’re not sitting next to someone who’s snoring.

PARADE : What’s the craziest thing a fan has done to get your attention?
ENRIQUE : Sometimes you’ll see a shirt fly off. That will get not only my attention, but the whole band’s.

7 reviews:

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in
our community. Your site provided us with valuable
info to work on. You have done a formidable job and our whole community will be thankful to you.


Also visit my blog post: grand-jewelry

these +tive feedbacks keeps me going, thank you..thank you..thank you! :)

The kitchen tapforyou with sensor are available in a package that includes the http://www.tapforyou.co.uk/, an accessory set and a control box also. The kitchen bathroom accessories with sensor have simplified the needs of hot and cold water and the users can easily switch the kitchen tap for their water need. There are five factors involved for the selection of bath tap. The first factor is the suitable style.

it is attractive to jump at the chance to acquire cheap kids glasses

Wasserhahn und Armaturen für Bad und Küche | Wasstar Deutschland http://www.wasstar.de/;Teria Rubinetti - Vastissima Scelta ad Ottimi Prezzi‎ http://www.teria.it/;
Grifos, duchas, grifería de baño y cocina... | Encee http://www.encee.es/;Faucet for Bathrooms & Kitchens - America Encstar http://www.encstar.com/,Take your pick from our range of bathroom and kitchen faucets, whether you need a waterfall, cloakroom, freestanding faucets or anything else, we will provide it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Orkut RSS Feed Email More