Rumor Mill Says Enrique Iglesias Bankrupt? He says NO!Rumors have been spreading that the Spanish singer Enrique Iglesias is facing possible bankruptcy, yet Iglesias himself as well as his publicist claim these rumors to be false. In spite of his 2011 tour and record success, many critics are eyeing the purchase of his five million dollar Miami mansion as well as its $15 million renovation as cause for alarm.
Yet, Enrique has only responded with laughter and sarcasm, while his publicist, Joe Bonilla, responded that the news is just more false gossip. According to “Billboard” magazine, Iglesias was the highest grossing latin artist of 2011. In the U.S. alone he generated $7 million dollars during his Euphoria World Tour. Two concerts at Madison Square Garden, in New York City, grossed $1.7 million dollars. It’s evident that with this past success as well as an upcoming tour in the works, he should be living comfortably in his Miami mansion.
Enrique Iglesias's manager has denied a rumor that the "I Like It" singer is going bankrupt and even joked about it. The "I Like It" singer dismissed rumors through his manager that he had no money after building a new Florida mansion where he and girlfriend Anna Kournikova plan to live. "We really didn't know where such report came from," manager Joe Bonilla said Monday.
"Next, it'll be reported that he lives under a bridge and will even open a help line for donations for his cause," Bonilla told Mexican newspaper El Universal. "Enrique doesn't even know how much the cost is, it's been reported that it's $15 million but that's the wrong amount," he added. Bonilla also said Iglesias was previously named the Latin singer with the most income by Billboard.