Tuesday, May 06, 2014

'Dirty Dancer' Star Enrique Iglesias Says He Is 'Embarrassed' To Hear His Own Music

Shy isn't a word that seems to describe Enrique Iglesias.

This is, after all, the son of Julio Iglesias and the same man that said he would get naked in Trafalgar Square if Spain wins the World Cup. But he does get embarrassed about one thing: his music.

"I feel embarrassed to hear my own songs," he said before the Billboard Latin Music Awards. "I remember that at the beginning of my career, I was driving in Miami and I heard 'Si Tu Te Vas,' one of my first songs, on the radio. I was 16 years old, and it was one of the most embarrassing moments in my life. I had to literally park the car, and I remember that I was thinking aloud, 'I can't believe people are listening to this.' I felt it was something very personal, which i had written for someone. It took me a lot of time to get over it. It's rare. I was proud and happy, but at the same time, I felt as though everyone was reading my diary."

The heartthrob performed at Thursday night's Billboard Latin Music Awards. Before getting on stage, he spent the entire night teasing his performance. He shared a picture of himself on the way to the event. He also shared the door to his dressing room, and told his fans that he would be going on at any moment.

Iglesias went home with one award: Hot Latin Song of the Year, Vocal Event, for "Loco." This song also features Romeo Santos.

The singer accepted the award on his own, and he nearly forgot to thank Romeo Santos, but he eventually realized his mistake. He said that without Santos, he wouldn't even have a song.

0 reviews:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Orkut RSS Feed Email More