Thursday, May 15, 2014

Enrique Iglesias: “My Hidden Talent is 69-ing” : Interview



And all the other awesome things Enrique Iglesias said at a Gilt City event celebrating the Latin pop sensation.

Do you have a hidden talent?
I’m good at 69. I started very young. That was one of my first positions.

Finish the sentence: I can't go to bed unless I…
Unless I pee at least five times, because I hate waking up in the middle of the night and having to go pee.

Do you have a celebrity crush?
Diane Lane. I've always liked her.

What is your guilty pleasure?
Rum. I got involved three years ago with Atlantico Rum. I shouldn't be drinking as much of it, and at times I happen to eventually drink a little too much.

What is your best and worst personality trait?
My best personality trait that I think I'm very approachable. And my worst is that I can be moody.

What is your all-time favorite movie?
That's a tough one since there are so many movies that I love, but I would have to go back to when I was a child: Raiders of the Lost Ark, ET, Goonies.

What was your earliest music memory — that one thing that made you want to become a musician?
This goes back to when I moved to Miami when I was 9 years old. I went to go see Bruce Springsteen’s "Born in the USA" tour in the Orange Bowl, and I didn't know anything about music. I just remember seeing the guy on stage and thinking, “Man, I would do anything to be that guy.” He just impressed me so much, and he was such a powerful performer and great storyteller, so that was one of those moments I said, "That’s what I want to do when I grow up."

Favorite go-to karaoke song?
Probably “It's Raining Men.” Am I secure enough to pull that off?

What are you looking forward to the most in 2014?
I love what I do and I think I've appreciated it more throughout the years, but just to keep on traveling, keep on doing shows, and hopefully making better albums. That's always my goal. I don't know, maybe in 2015 I'm gonna be like, "Ya know what, I'm sick of this, um, I think it's time to retire." Sometimes I think, "Whoa, do I see myself when I'm 60 or 50 or in my 40s singing 'Tonight, I'm Banging You'?" Honestly, I don't know.

Have you decided the name of the new album?
I have three names for the album, and I don’t want to say the name just in case I get it wrong, but it will be one of those three. But the album is finished, so that’s a cool thing.

What makes the new album different from Euphoria?
Well, every album is different. What I try to do is co-write with other songwriters, especially songwriters that come from completely different musical backgrounds, and that helps me a lot. It's definitely more eclectic. Euphoria was pretty eclectic, but this is even more. There are a lot of features in it. I go from English to Spanish, and I feel I have some cool songs. For some reason, in Spanish, it takes me a little longer at times.

Enrique's 10th studio album will be out in March, but until then check out his latest scorching hot single "Heart Attack."

0 reviews:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Orkut RSS Feed Email More